Sunday, May 23, 2010

NC Reppin' | Collector Spotlight | King Mez


Name: King Mez

NikeTalk/ISS Member Name: N/A

Current City: Raleigh, NC

Age: 20

How many Pairs do you own currently?
Right now I'm sittin' on about 6-7 cold pairs, the rest are beaters to be really real.



What is your most prized possession within your collection?
At the moment, I would have to say my Cardinal VII's are my favorite joints, I got alotta love for those, just because I dont see em around like that anymore.


What do you regret sleeping on, that you still don’t have till this day?
Mann, to be totally honest, most shoes that I wanted that bad, I ended up copping. It's just that I sold the majority of my collection for studio equipment. I had the Aqua VIII's, I had the black and pink Yeezy's, I had everything I was really really lookin for you know. Some things were just more important at the time, and that wasn't long ago at all.

Where do you normally purchase your sneakers from?
I really dont like shopping online as much as I do in person, but I can't ever find what I want in the mall, so Deadstock.ca. Sneakerhead.com, Pickyourshoes.com. I really like boutiques though.

What is the most you’ve ever spent on a pair?
$215. Nike air Yeezy's, black and pink.



What is your favorite Sneaker Brand?
Nike man. I just cant get over Nike. I grew up on em. Its like homecooked food you know. You just cant replicate it. I was actually in school to be an engineer, hoping to design for them one day, before music got so heavy.

Do you collect a variety of Brands?
Not really to be honest, I like syndicate Vans, but thats it.


What model do you like to collect the most, Jordans, Air Force 1’s, Air Max, SB, etc?
Nike/Jordan retro basketball man. There's not a shoe better in the world man. That's how I feel.

When did you notice that you were a fiend for Sneakers?
When I was 12 years old, and I was really good at baseball, and I picked the bred XII's over a pitching machine at Dick's sporting goods.

Any fond memories of you collecting?
Winning a raffle for the Yeezy's, spending my book money for the eggplants lol.

Do you like to be called a Collector or a Sneakerhead, or does it even matter?
I know there are people out there who go way way harder than me, so I just refer to myself as a guy who likes shoes lol.

What do you think of the Sneaker Culture(supposedly it's not a culture according to DJ Clark Kent) in NC?
It reminds me alot of NC hiphop. Its real underground, not in the spotlight as much as it should be you know.

Do you think NC will ever get its respect that it deserves in sneaker collecting?
I think it eventually will yea, especially when some bigger companies and shoe heads emerge outta our state. It'll be a wrap then.



Some photos provided by fisdjfoto

Sidenote: King Mez's highly anticipated Paraplegics the album(prod. by Commissioner Gordon) is releasing next Tuesday on Itunes June 1st... Support NC Hip Hop! Be sure to check out Mez's latest interview with DjBooth.net over here!

No comments:

Post a Comment