Sunday, April 25, 2010

NC Reppin' | Collector Spotlight | Calvin Enzo Lee



Name: Calvin Enzo Lee

NikeTalk/ISS Member Name: KIExJDY/Originality

Current City: Charlotte, NC

Age: 22

How many Pairs do you own currently?
As of 04/22/2010, 394 pairs.


What is your most prized possession within your collection?
My most prized possession in my collection would be the Nike Dunk Low SB London since these are my grails.


What do you regret sleeping on, that you still don’t have till this day?
I have many including the Michael Lau Air Force 1 Lows 1World, Entourage x UNDFTD AF1s, and Playstation AF1s.

Where do you normally purchase your sneakers from?
I usually purchase most of my sneakers from the malls around charlotte.

What is the most you’ve ever spent on a pair?
The most ive ever spent on a pair was $4500 on a pair of Iron Maiden Samples.

What is your favorite Sneaker Brand?
Favorite sneaker brand would be currently adidas cause they are doing it right on so many different levels right now. It used to be Nike.

Do you collect a variety of Brands?
Yes, I collect anything that intrigues me including Bapes, New Balance, Converse, Vans, Nike, Supreme, Gourmet, and Jordans.

What model do you like to collect the most, Jordans, Air Force 1’s, Air Max, SB, etc?
I like the Nike Dunk Low SB. The fat tongue is what gets me the most and the comfort.



When did you notice that you were a fiend for Sneakers?
I guess it would be the day that i took all my clothes out of my closet and stored all my sneakers in there and put up racks to hang up my clothes inside my room. haha. Thanks vic for making me realize that i still have a sneaker obessesion.

Any fond memories of you collecting?
Best memory i have is finally acquiring my "holy grail" took me 3 years to find them at a price i was willing to pay. Thanks to my friend over at NAPSIZE for hooking it up.

Do you like to be called a Collector or a Sneakerhead, or does it even matter?
I would prefer a collector because i see the sneakers as art pieces more than sneakers. I like to collect samples and would go out of my way to find one. I have made many friends overseas since i started on samples in 2007. I just wear what im comfortable with. Im more of a flip flop guy if anything lol.

What do you think of the Sneaker Culture in NC?
Sneaker Culture is definitly still unknown in NC. I have yet to find a sneaker store that would make me say wow i dont need to go to NY/LA for sneakers anymore or to use any of my overseas friends to acquire a certain pair. Especially with stores in NC...charging more than retail..sometimes higher than NYC prices...in an area that has little to no hype at all.

Do you think NC will ever get its respect that it deserves in sneaker collecting?
Overtime, Maybe. Only time could tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment